Sunday, September 12, 2021

Oculus Presents: This 'Exorcist' cover is metal as hell


I mean, seriously. Look at it! It's more like something you'd expect from a Books of Blood cover than Blatty, but the design is absolutely fantastic. The work of one Dan Alexandru Ionescu, this is the cover of the first of the two Romanian editions of The Exorcist, from the publishing house Nemira. This edition appeared in 1994 as part of Nemira's horror collection, translated by Vasile Stoica. I usually try to avoid reading translated works if I can read them in the original, but I'm also trying to read more in Romanian, and I just couldn't resist this epic cover when I saw it. Whether the contents will hold up to my fond (if a little squicked) memories of this book and the movie adaptation remain to be seen, though.

No comments:

Post a Comment